The UNU-WIDER/AERC Visiting Scholars Program is intended to give qualified AERC network members the opportunity to undertake research on topics related to development and/or global economic issues, with special attention to African economies, to participate in UNU-WIDER activities, and to contribute to UNU-WIDER publications.
Successful applicants are expected to
- have a post-graduate degree (Master’s or PhD) in economics or a related discipline.
- have a sound research record.
- pursue research on development or global economic issues, with special attention to African economies.
- spend between 2-6 months at UNU-WIDER.
- interact with the academic staff at UNU-WIDER.
- prepare one or more papers to be considered for publication in the WIDER Working Paper series.
- present a seminar in their field of research.
- acknowledge UNU-WIDER's support when appropriate.
UNU-WIDER would provide a monthly stipend of 2,000 euros as a contribution towards travel, accommodation, medical, and other out-of-pocket expenses. Developing country scholars may apply for a supplementary grant to cover high travel costs.
There is no standard application form. Those interested in this program should submit to both AERC (e-mail:email@example.com) and UNU-WIDER (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- a written letter of application which includes the preferred period for the sabbatical.
- a research proposal, bearing in mind UNU-WIDER's current research focus, and
- a detailed curriculum vitae, including contact details and a list of publications.
Applications should be received by the 30 September each year (applications will not be assessed until after the closing date).
Read more about United Nations University UNU-WIDER/AERC Visiting Scholars 2011
Other people searched for this opportunity using these tags:
We won't know if you'll not let us know about what sort of scholarships you are looking for or what courses and where you are applying. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Our team might be able to help you find a suitable scholarship for free.
Ask Your Questions Below.----------