Deadline: 1 May2011 (yearly)
Up to forty Chancellor's International Scholarships of £3,000 are available to new overseas fee paying students each year who are applying to study at Undergraduate and Postgraduate taught degree level. The scholarships are available in the majority of Sussex Schools, and are awarded on the basis of academic performance and potential. The scholarships are offered for the duration of the degree programme, subject to satisfactory progress, and will be paid directly into your UK bank account or credited towards your tuition fees.
- Eligibility criteria
- Application procedure
- Successful applicants
- Application form
- Other useful links
In order to be considered for a Chancellor's International Scholarship you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have applied for and accepted a place to start an Undergraduate degree at the University of Sussex (e.g., BA, BSc, BEng, LLB, MEng, etc), or a Postgraduate taught degree (e.g., MA, MSc, LLM, MRes, Postgraduate Diploma, and Graduate Diploma) excluding the following degrees:
* Programmes in the Institute of Development Studies, apart from the MA Gender and Development
* MSc in Social Research Methods + DPhil combined (1+3 degrees)
* BMBS degree in Medicine in the Brighton and Sussex Medical School
* International foundation years, International Year One Diploma in Business and Management, and Pre-masters
* Pre-Masters Degrees and Diplomas taught at partner colleges which are validated by Sussex.
- Note: Applicants for Research degrees (e.g., MPhil, DPhil/PhD, EdD), current Sussex undergraduate students (except those applying to start a master's degree), are not eligible to apply.
Applications for places on our degree programmes must be made via UCAS for Undergraduate study, and on the Sussex website or Postgraduate Application form for Postgraduate study.
- Be assessed as liable to pay fees at the "overseas" (namely the non-EU) rate.
- Have sufficient funds to meet your tuition fees and living expenses, after taking account of the possible award of a Chancellor's International Scholarship.
The closing date and time for applications to be received is 1st May 23:59:00 BST prior to the academic year commencing in October. Applications received after 1 May cannot be considered.
When completed, you should return the form by email, post or fax to:
Student Funding Team
Student Life Centre
University of Sussex
Chichester 1, Ci003
By 1 May: Deadline for all applications to be received
By 8 June: Notification to first choice and short-listed candidates
After 22 June: Notification to successful short-listed candidates if first choice candidates do not take up the scholarships
We won't know if you'll not let us know about what sort of scholarships you are looking for or what courses and where you are applying. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Our team might be able to help you find a suitable scholarship for free.
Ask Your Questions Below.----------