One PhD position is open in NanoChemistry group at DTU Chemistry. The project aims synthesis of metallic nanostructures using a green method, followed by systematic characterisation and applications.
The position will be available from 1 August 2011.
- A master’s degree in chemistry with a strong experimental background in synthetic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, material chemistry, and physical chemistry
- A strong mathematic background on construction of model for data analysis
- Candidate with experience of running advanced microscopes such as transmission electron microscopy (TEM) and experience on chemical synthesis of metallic nanostructures will be preferred
- Honest, fully hearted commitment to research and highly motivated on science, hard working
- Independence and good communication in English.
Applicants should have a thorough interest in chemistry and nanotechnology.
Approval and Enrolment
The scholarships for the PhD degree are subject to academic approval, and the candidates will be enrolled in one of the general degree programmes of DTU. For information about the general requirements for enrolment and the general planning of the scholarship studies, please see the DTU PhD Guide.
Salary and appointment terms
The salary and appointment terms are consistent with the current rules for PhD degree students. The period of employment is 3 years.
For additional information please contact Associate Professor Jingdong Zhang, tel.: 45 4525 2352
We must have your online application by 20 July 2011. Please open the link "apply for this job online", fill in the application form and attach the following documents;
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and excel spreadsheet here)
Candidates may apply prior to obtaining their master’s degree, but cannot begin the PhD study before the master’s degree has been approved.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Read more about PhD scholarship in NanoChemistry, Denmark 2011
Other people searched for this opportunity using these tags:
We won't know if you'll not let us know about what sort of scholarships you are looking for or what courses and where you are applying. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Our team might be able to help you find a suitable scholarship for free.
Ask Your Questions Below.----------