Deadline: contact the professor (to start the course in October 2011)
1. MS and PhD Studentship at Bilkent University, Turkey
The Research Group of Dr. Ilday is seeking for highly motivated and skilled students to join the Group's research program. Several MS or PhD positions are available:
(1) We are working on the development of high-power fiber lasers, particularly generation of ultrashort pulses. This research effort includes several industrial partners.
(2) Another project concerns ultrafast material processing, including pulsed laser deposition, using the lasers we develop. This affords us some unique advantages, benefiting directly from the laser development expertise within the group, allowing us to custom-tailor the laser to the application and go into uncharted parameter ranges.
(3) We have an effort exploring applications of mode-locked lasers to biology, particularly sub-cellular (nano)surgery. One of the targeted application areas is neuroscience and the project is a collaboration with biologists and medical doctors.
Further information on the Group's broad range of research activities, substantial research infrastructure, recent publications and current members can be obtained from within our website. All nationalities can apply. The language of education and research at Bilkent University is English.
2. Postdoctoral Position at Bilkent University, Turkey
We are looking for a highly motivated young scientist who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career in a dynamic research group to work on a femtosecond fiber laser-microscope system, which is mainly constructed for nanosurgery applications and more specifically for identification and manipulation of networks of neurons in vitro. The appointment will be in the Group of Dr. F. O. Ilday and the postdoc will join an interdisciplinary team of researchers with expertise in ultrafast optics, nonlinear dynamics, molecular biology and genetics.
3. Postdoctoral Position at Bilkent University, Turkey
The Ultrafast Optics and Lasers Group, led by Dr. Ilday, is seeking a highly motivated young scientist who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career in a dynamic research group. The position regards development of high-power, ultra-low noise Er-doped fiber amplifiers. The project target development of fiber laser-based sources, bringing together techniques from optical metrology and femtosecond frequency combs for eventual application to coherent sensing applications. The candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of ongoing applications of fiber lasers. For a brief description of the ongoing research activities, visit the research page.
4. Postdoctoral Position at Bilkent University, Turkey
We are seeking a highly motivated young scientist who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career in a young and dynamic research group. The appointment will be in the Group of Dr. F. O. Ilday, supported by a EU FP7 STREP Project encompassing 8 partner institutions from 7 European countries. The position regards development of high-energy, high-power mode-locked fiber lasers and amplifiers. The candidate will have the opportunity to partake in various applications of the lasers development in the Group.
Institute of Material Science and Nanotechnology (UNAM), Bilkent University, Cankaya, Ankara 06800, Turkey
Other people searched for this opportunity using these tags:
We won't know if you'll not let us know about what sort of scholarships you are looking for or what courses and where you are applying. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Our team might be able to help you find a suitable scholarship for free.
Ask Your Questions Below.----------