Deadline: 31 March 2011 (every year)
Lingnan University is committed to the provision of quality education distinguished by the best liberal arts traditions. It adopts a whole-person approach to education which enables its students to think, judge, care and, ultimately, act responsibly in the changing circumstances of Hong Kong, the region and the world.
Overseas Student Scholarships of HK$120,000 (i.e. about US$15,385) each per academic year will be awarded to successful applicants, covering tuition fee, hostel and other academic and living expenses.
Each scholarship is offered on an annual renewable basis and is tenable for a period of up to 3 years, subject to continued outstanding academic performance.
Non-local applicants (other than Hong Kong and the Chinese Mainland citizens) should have attained at a recognised post-secondary institution outside Hong Kong an equivalent qualification to the Admission Requirements of the University, as stipulated below:
• a degree, an associate degree or a diploma awarded by a recognised post-secondary institution;
• an International Baccalaureate Diploma;
• satisfactory completion of the first year in a four-year undergraduate curriculum or the first year of an associate degree programme of a recognised institution;
• satisfactory completion of two years of full-time study in a post-Form Five institution, e.g. a technical institute; or
• other equivalent qualifications which the University will consider on a case-by-case basis.
They may be required to achieve:
• a minimum of Grade C in English in the GCE O-Level or GCSE Examination or an equivalent public examination; or
• a TOEFL score of 213 in the computer-based test, or 550 in the paper-based test, or 79 in the internet-based test; or
• an IELTS overall band score of 5.5.
Non-local applicants who enter Hong Kong for the purpose of education should make sure that they are eligible to apply for a student visa/ entry permit issued by the Director of Immigration of the HKSAR Government to stay in Hong Kong for the entire period of study at the University. The University will provide assistance as far as possible.
The scholarship will be awarded to a student who has good academic standing and a good track record in community services. For candidates of comparable academic merits, preference will be given to the candidate with better proven records of community services.
Other people searched for this opportunity using these tags:
We won't know if you'll not let us know about what sort of scholarships you are looking for or what courses and where you are applying. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Our team might be able to help you find a suitable scholarship for free.
Ask Your Questions Below.----------