The CSIR (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research) is a leading scientific and technology research organisation, implementing projects throughout Africa and making a difference in people’s lives.
Studentships: Forestry and Forest Products
The Forestry and Forest Products Research Centre (FFP) in Durban situated within CSIR Natural Resources and the Environment (NRE) unit is a leading provider of research services and software products for plantation forestry and forest product industries both nationally and internationally. The objective of the Centre is to conduct research and develop competence in the areas of solid wood, pulp and paper processing in South Africa.
MSc studentship: Research on System Closure
About the opportunity: The goal of system closure in any manufacturing process is to have a self-contained operation where valuable resources are re-used and maximised, while discharges and emissions are minimised. Such a concept integrates many attractive features. From an economic perspective, the costs associated with raw materials and the treatment of waste streams is decreased. From an environmental point of view, the impact of the manufacturing facility on its surroundings is lessened. However, from an operating and engineering point of view, system closure means significantly-increased complexity and technological challenge. The Centre at UKZN is setting up research facilities in this topic.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
• A degree in industrial chemistry or chemical engineering.
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Ideally have an interest in or experience of some of the following areas: simulation programmes, chemistry, and water treatment.
• Ability to work independently and also as a team in a project-driven environment.
• Be self-motivated and enthusiastic for the work undertaken.
• Ability to meet deadlines and must be willing to learn.
• Problem-solving skills and solution-seeking orientated.
• Be computer literate and have knowledge of statistical techniques to analyse data.
• Good communication and writing skills.
Closing date: 03 June 2011
Should you meet the above requirements, please go to the URL indicated below in order to apply; select the position reference number 5069; complete the application form and attach your CV: www.csir.co.za/apply.php
Read more about Forestry and Forest Products Master Scholarships CSIR 2011
Other people searched for this opportunity using these tags:
- <powered by myBB search engineering web site ny><powered by myBB international business opportunity><powered by vBulletin science current findings><powered by myBB degree master online psychology><forestry scholarship 2011><powered by myBB psychology degree requirements><powered by myBB engineering technology salary>
We won't know if you'll not let us know about what sort of scholarships you are looking for or what courses and where you are applying. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Our team might be able to help you find a suitable scholarship for free.
Ask Your Questions Below.----------