In the context of the International Year for People of African Descent, the Anti-Discrimination Section of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights is launching a Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent from 10 October to 4 November 2011.
The Fellowship Programme will provide participants with the opportunity to deepen their understanding of the United Nations Human Rights system and its mechanisms, with a focus on issues of particular relevance to people of African descent.
This will allow the fellows to better contribute to the protection and promotion of civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of Afro-descendants in their respective countries and communities.
Who can apply?
· The candidate must be an African descendant.
· The candidate must have a minimum of 4 years experience dealing with afro-descendant or minority issues.
· The candidate must be fluent in English.
· A letter of support from an afro-descendant organization or community.
In selecting the fellows, gender and ensuring a regional balance will be taken into account. All documents submitted must be in English.
The selected candidate is entitled to a stipend to cover accommodation, basic living expenses in Geneva, basic health insurance as well as a return economy class plane ticket.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by email to: email@example.com or by fax to 004122-928 9050 with a cover letter clearly indicating “Application to the 2011 Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent” with the following documents:
· An application form
· A Curriculum Vitae
· A letter of motivation (maximum 1 page) in which the candidate will explain his/her motivation for applying, what he/she hopes to achieve through this fellowship and how he/she will use what they learn to promote the interests and rights of afro-descendants
· A letter of support from an organization/entity they are affiliated with.
The deadline to receive applications is 15 June 2011. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Read more about Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent 2011
Other people searched for this opportunity using these tags:
- <powered by myBB science current events in the world><powered by myBB yahoo small business email><powered by myBB jobs in agriculture><powered by vBulletin student airfares><powered by myBB agriculture irrigation><powered by myBB careers in forensic science><Fellowship program for people of african descent>
We won't know if you'll not let us know about what sort of scholarships you are looking for or what courses and where you are applying. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Our team might be able to help you find a suitable scholarship for free.
Ask Your Questions Below.----------