Deadline: 11 March 2011 (yearly)
In 2001, the e8 established, as a pilot project, a Scholarship Program to encourage and support the study of sustainable energy development worldwide.
These scholarships were made available to outstanding students from developing countries and economies in transition, for a period of up to two years at the Masters.
Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) was selected by the e8 as the theme for the 2004-2005 Chairmanship Year. The year 2005 marked the start of the UN Decade for Education and thus constituted an opportunity for e8 leadership and profile in the area of education with a focus on sustainable energy development. An e8 report on ESED in Africa, Asia and Latin America provide the background for this selection.
The e8 considers an outstanding student to be one
- Who graduates with excellent grades In the top 20 % of her/his class.
- Who is determined to advance her/his knowledge and understanding.
- Who has a history of community involvement.
- Who is committed to sustainable energy development.
- Who is committed to return and contribute to her /his home country’s development.
- Citizens from developing countries and territories identified for OECD official development aid in the DAS list of ODA recipients effective as of 2006.
- Candidates planning to undertake studies at the Masters level in areas directly related to sustainable energy development.
We won't know if you'll not let us know about what sort of scholarships you are looking for or what courses and where you are applying. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Our team might be able to help you find a suitable scholarship for free.
Ask Your Questions Below.----------