Deadline: 1 July 2011 (yearly)
Deadline: 1 June 2011 (yearly)
Application deadline: 31 Mar 11
Deadline: 30 June 2011 (yearly)
Deadline: 1 November 2011
Deadline: 3 June 2011
Interested applicants should be citizens of the City of Alexandria or employed full- or part-time in a position in the City related to the student's degree program. Applicants must also be U.S. citizens and should possess a minimum GPA of 3.4 (current or new students), as well as two years of professional experience.
Eligibility is determined by admission to one of the designated degree or certificate programs and concurrent employment or internship in an appropriate/relevant position during the term of the fellowship.
Completed application materials should be turned in to the Office of Graduate Student Assistantships and Fellowships at the address or fax number below no later than 3 June 2011.
NOTE: Incoming students are eligible only if they have secured a job/internship in the City of Alexandria.
The Office of Graduate Student Assistantships and Fellowships
Rice Hall 302
2121 I St., NW
Washington, DC 20052
ph. 202-994-6822 ~ fax. 202-994-8845 ~ email. email@example.com
Deadline: 1 March (yearly)
The Graduate School and its Committee on Scholarships and Fellowships invites nominations for Graduate School Tuition Scholarships. Nominations are due in the Graduate School on 1 March of each year.
Graduate School Tuition Scholarships, which cover individual tuition health insurance and fees, are awarded to qualified students who have applied or have been admitted as degree candidates and who are in need of financial assistance. Full-time students must carry at least 12 credits per semester while receiving a tuition scholarship in order to maximize the use of our limited scholarship funds.
Nominees will be evaluated based on their financial need, their academic promise, and their contribution to the diversity and heterogeneity of the graduate student body. Preference will be given to those nominees who have not previously held URI Graduate Scholarships or Fellowships.
Students holding full or partial graduate or research assistantships are not eligible for tuition scholarships.
Information to be Submitted
The following information is needed for each nominee:
1. Undergraduate and graduate GPA's must be submitted.
2. A completed Nomination Form for each nominee.
3. A CURRENT SIGNED STATEMENT OF FINANCIAL NEED Because financial need is a primary consideration in the award of a Tuition Scholarship, the Committee will not consider nominations submitted without a completed and signed Statement of Financial Need.
For students currently enrolled in a URI graduate program, the "Declaration of Personal Income and Financial Needs Statement" reflecting income and expenses for the academic year must be generated. For newly admitted applicants who have completed and submitted a Financial Award Application in conjunction with their Application for Admission, the Financial Award Application will suffice as a Statement of Financial Need. This form, or a copy of this form, must be submitted with each Nomination.
4. LETTERS OF REFERENCE AND SUPPORTING INFORMATION. Nominees who are currently enrolled in a URI graduate program should have two letters submitted in support of their nomination. The two letters may be written by any combination of referees from the following list: Department Chair, Director of Graduate Studies, the student's Major Advisor, or other faculty as might be appropriate. Nominees who are not yet matriculated students at URI should have a letter of support from the Department Chair. Letters of support from the Department Chair should include a statement outlining those characteristics of the nominee that would contribute to the University's goal of diversity and heterogeneity of the graduate student body.
5. Complete undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
6. A curriculum vitae (maximum of two pages).
Each department is asked to limit its submission to a maximum of 3 nominations. A ranked list and the completed nomination forms must be submitted to the Graduate School no later than 4:30 pm on the deadline date. We will be unable to accept nominations received after this time. Committee members may assign different weights to the various indicators of financial need and academic promise, and their rankings may not correspond with those of a department.. The awards are made to the students, and there are no departmental quotas.
Awards will be announced by during the first week of April via letter to the recipients with copies to Department Chairs and Directors of Graduate Studies. The initial notice of intention to award a scholarship will specify that it is contingent upon the availability of budgetary resources and the recipient's satisfactory completion of the current academic term, if relevant. If a student's financial need changes after the nomination is submitted and before the awards are announced, the Graduate School must be informed immediately.
Deadline: 31 March 2011
Deadline: 1 Feb 2011
Deadline June 1 2011
Deadline November 1 1011.
Deadline July 1 2011