The research training group "Evaluation of Coupled Numerical Partial Models in Structural Engineering" is offering 10 positions for doctoral students for its second project phase. We are looking for inspired and dedicated individuals who are interested in doing research work in the multi-faceted field of structural engineering.
- The overall aim of the Research training group is to assess the reliability, safety and robustness of numerical models. This evaluation considers a wide range of aspects and models. This includes, but is not restricted to, models that describe loads or the material and structural behavior of systems in structural engineering. Of particular interest are the interactions of these models in complex systems. Their influence on the quality of models of complex coupled systems is to be determined.
- Basis for the research are the results that have been realized during the first project phase. Further research will be carried out in work groups of two to three PhD students under the guidance of two Postdoctoral students. Each doctoral student is supervised by three professors, two of which are professors in Weimar and the third being one of our international partners. Following an intensive training phase the participating doctoral students will develop the subject of their theses in collaboration with their supervisors. The combination of the models and methods of the specific projects then provides the means for handling the complex problems encountered in the working groups.
- We expect excellent degrees from the applicants in one or several of the following subjects
- Civil Engineering
- Structural and Soil Mechanics/Dynamics
- Materials Science
- Applied Mathematics & Computer Science
- We see ourselves as an international research training group. Very good English skills are a prerequisite for internal communication, for publications in scientific journals, and for a mandatory stay abroad, serving the scientific exchange with our international cooperation partners.
- Good German skills are additionally expected from international applicants.
- In order to allow a fast realization of models, of couplings, and of evaluation methods, command of one or several programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Java, Python, Matlab) is of advantage.
- The positions are available as of June till October 2011. Funding is granted for a maximum period of three years and is compensated according to TV/L 13 E.
- It is the aim of Bauhaus-Universität to increase to number of female scientists. Therefore women in particular are requested to apply. Handicapped people will be favored in case of equal qualification.
Please send your application as one PDF File electronically until May 15, 2011 to Dr. Tom Lahmer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the code number B/GRK-09/11-18/11
Source: Click here
Other people searched for this opportunity using these tags:
We won't know if you'll not let us know about what sort of scholarships you are looking for or what courses and where you are applying. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Our team might be able to help you find a suitable scholarship for free.
Ask Your Questions Below.----------